Phase 2 launch breaks sales records
August 11, 2012
Sixty-five per cent of the Cape on Bowen's Phase 1 has been sold, with only five estates remaining of the original 14. Phase 2 launched in May, with a record-breaking purchase price of $4.38 million for one estate. read more
A Value Comparison: Vancouver West vs The Cape on Bowen
Posted July 31, 2012
A "collaborative outcome-focused approach" is what the Urban Development Institute believes Brian Jackson brings to Vancouver's planning activities. read more
Take your pick: oceanfront or forest view?
Posted July 31, 2012
Imagine waking up each morning in your architect-designed home to views of the southern Gulf Islands and Sunshine Coast. read more
BUILDING A GREEN HOME
At The Cape On Bowen, we provide every opportunity to create a home that respects this pristine coastal landscape. From energy efficiency to awareness of sensitive habitats, from intelligent landscaping to the use of local materials, we offer owners a comprehensive plan for building an island estate that helps to protect the natural beauty of this coast.
> 10 Ways to Create a Sustainable Island Home
- Strive to use only locally sourced materials in the construction of your home.
- Install ENERGY STAR rated appliances, light fixtures, bulbs, and windows.
- Insulate your home with R-value (International Energy Conservation Codes) insulation materials.
- For all air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, ensure that they are HCFC and Halon free.
- Adopt a strict pesticide-free approach to landscaping and gardening.
- Use native species in all landscaping.
- Install high efficiency water components: toilets, dishwashers, showers, and washing machines.
- Use only low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint, sealants, and carpeting during construction and design.
- Recycle construction waste wherever possible.
- Pay close attention to the construction environmental monitoring plan (CEMP), to ensure that you are aware of silt fencing, erosion controls, sensitive tree removals, and wildlife habitats.